Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Firsties

Okay, I'll start.

This is really hard, and I should probably have something wise to say. But I don't. All I can say is this is really hard.

Today Mom went in for her ERCP, a procedure in which an endoscope is threaded through the GI tract into the liver. The doctors will then "brush" out the cells that are clogging the Bile Ducts, and keep some of those cells for the pathologists to examine. The Bile Duct is then held open by a stent, so all the fluid and salts that have been building up in her body can finally be metabolized and excreted like they normally would, thus hopefully resolving the Oompa Loompa thing she has going on. I have no idea when those results will be back.

I do know that Dad hasn't eaten lunch yet, and he needs to but won't leave her side for anything. I'm definitely taking him something to eat later tonight, whether he likes it or not.


Whew, first post down. Who's next?

4 comments:

KristiBT said...

Troy & Kelli,
We are so sorry to hear about your mom - We are hoping and praying for the best.
Love, Al&Kristi

Eliza said...

Keli and family, I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be checking for updates.

I don't think I've met your mom but I know how important she is in your life. We will all be thinking of you.

grannybabs said...

I am so saddened to hear your news. You will be in our daily prayers.

I have not met your mother either, but I know she's very important in your life.

Most trials don't make sense - now or later as far as I'm concerned.

But I do know that you can find peace - even if there isn't a whole lot of understanding to go along with it.

The understanding comes much later.

Doney Days said...

Keli and Sean! We are so, so sorry to hear about your mom. It makes me sick inside to think that this can happen to anyone, at anytime, when we least expect it. I love the way write about her in your blogs. You truly, truly love everything about her. Tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers and you guys are as well!

Love,
The Doney's